Yes Theatre works to: motivate, develop and promote local potentials in an innovative and creative way through artistic performances, drama workshops, capacity building and cultural exchange activities, projects and programs.
- Recognizes the critical leadership role that theatre must play in shifting society towards social change and development.
- Embraces the ideals of peace and justice, extolling the human rights call for full equity with respect to freedom of expression, social and economic class, political perspective, gender, sexual orientation, and people with disabilities.
- Engages in movement building to effect systemic, sustainable and progressive positive social change.
- Envisions a caring and balanced society that is built upon the principles of democracy, generosity, diversity, trust, mutual respect, and health and wellness communities and environment.
- Commits to the inclusion of diverse voices and interconnectedness as essential building blocks of a progressive agenda.
- Believes in a more equitable distribution of wealth, increased power and civic engagement for marginalized groups, and shared public responsibility to provide services for those who are struggling.
- Values education, creative thinking, development, action and community building.